Act no. 25 of 1982, published in Rajasthan gazette on 13-10-1982.
Act came into force with following aims and objectives:
Jurisdiction of the act- act extends to Jaipur region area as specified in schedule -I (sec.1 of the act).
Sec. 2 of the act gives definitions, such as:
1. "Authority" means the Jaipur Development Authority constituted under section 3 of this act.
2. " Development area" means the area declared as such under sub-section (1) of section 29 and in which development is proposed to be undertaken within a reasonable period through schemes, projects or otherwise.
This body is a corporate body, which has following composition.
1. A Chairman, Chief Minister of the State
2. A Vice Chairman minister-in -charge of Urban Development of the state of Rajasthan.
3. Chief Secretary to the Government
4. Secretary, Revenue Department.
5. Secretary, finance Department.
6. Secretary, Urban Development and Housing Department.
7. Secretary, Medical and Public Health Department.
8. Secretary, Industries Department.
9. Secretary, Public Works Department.
10. Inspector General of Police.
11. Chief Town Planner and Architectural Advisor.
12. Chairman, Rajasthan Electricity Board.
13. Chairman, Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation.
14. Chairman, Rajasthan State Industrial and Investment Corporation Limited.
15. Chairman, Rajasthan Housing Board
16. Chairman, Municipal Council, Jaipur.
17. Zila Pramukh of Zila Parishad, Jaipur.
18. All the chairmen of the Municipalities other than Municipal Council, Jaipur, having jurisdiction in the Jaipur region.
19. The General Manager, Western Railway
20. Representive of Ministry of Works and Housing, Government of India.
21. Vice- Chancellor, University of Rajasthan.
22. Sub-Area Commander (Army).
23. General Manager, Telecommunications, Rajasthan.
24. All the Pradhans of Panchayat Samities having jurisdiction wholly or partly in Jaipur Region.
25. All the members of Lok Sabha and Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha elected from constituencies falling in Jaipur region.
1.Jaipur development Commissioner, appointed by State govt.
2. Seven members to be nominated by the Chairman of the Authority.
1. A Jaipur Development commissioner, appointed by the State Government under this Act.
2.Directors:(i) Director Engineering (ii) Director Town Planning (iii) Director Financing, appointed by State Government.
3. A Secretary of the Authority, appointed by State Government.
4. One or more Additional Commissioners or Secretaries, by state Government.
: -at least once in six months or whenever necessary. The quorum required will be laid down by regulations.
- Under the Act, a chief executive body shall be there to bring the aims and objectives laid down by the authority into action and actual operation.
- shall consist 15 members in all.
Authority may constitute various committees to perform various functions. The names, purposes and functions of such committees may be specified by the regulations.
The State Govt. may constitute one or more functional boards on the advise of Authority by publishing in official Gazette. Each board should be of maximum 5 members. Some examples of such Boards are:
- To secure the integrated development of the Jaipur Region.